Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Alone with Bill? Interesting Prize.

He's at it again!


The Clintons fill my inbox with these requests. I find them very needy. Don't you?

This one is disturbing in a different way. It's from Bill. (I call him Bill.)


Dear David,

There are two things in this world that I love more than anything else -- my family and politics. So you can imagine just how fired up I get when Hillary is on the stage debating the issues that matter to our country.

So here's an idea: why don't you and I share that excitement together during an upcoming debate. Hillary's campaign will pick three people -- each invited with a guest to watch one of the upcoming presidential debates with me. We'll sit down in front of a big TV with a big bowl of chips, watch the debate, and talk about the race. If you enter before the Sunday midnight deadline, you and a guest could be the ones to sit down with me to watch a presidential debate.

Join me for a debate. Make a contribution today.

...Sincerely,



Bill Clinton
What do you bet that the three people selected are young women -- only by chance, of course -- and that there is no chaperon. Just Bill and three lucky winners with Hillary's distant location monitored at every moment. It makes you wonder -- and with good grounds, I might add -- just what he means when he says: "When I tell you I like watching Hillary debate, I mean it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read the last post you made regarding the Clintons' fundraising techniques, I cringed. This one causes nausea.

Chris Ross said...

Dr. Innes,

This was one of the funniest things I have read in quite awhile. Thank you for the laugh.

I got an event invitation quite similar to this from Ron Paul, inviting me to a dinner in the city. It was funny in it's own way (and I believe I've already told you this story).