If you pulled out of the stock market in 2008, if you hope to enter the housing market in 2009, or if you fear either the level of personal debt in America or Democratic taxing and spending plans, Alan Murray has a calming message for you ("2009 Could Be Better Than You Think," Wall Street Journal, Jan. 4, 2009).
He argues five points:
1. This will be a good year to invest in stocks.
2. It will be a good year to invest in real estate.
3. Americans will learn to live within their means.
4. President Obama will have a historic opportunity to reshape public policy.
5. Your (federal) taxes won't rise.