Friday, November 9, 2007

Darwinism Poisons A Few Things Too

 
Note to Christopher Hitchens and friends: Finnish school shooter, Pekka-Eric Auvinen, who killed six students, a school nurse and his school principal on Wednesday before killing himself, shows that Darwinism too can poison a few things.

"I am prepared to fight and die for my cause. I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection," Auvinen said on his YouTube posting.

I'm just keeping the conversation open. Or perhaps we should drop this unprofitable line of reasoning before I have to turn to Herbert Spencer, nineteenth century social Darwinism, Margaret Sanger and (oh, why not?) Adolf Hitler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How devotedly Darwinian of him.