Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Good News: Bill Behaved Himself


Source: HillaryClinton.com


As a follow-up to my last post on Bill's Debate Party (follow the links to the two before that), I am pleased to report that the whole thing was an innocent affair, strictly above board, and a respectable time appears to have been had by all. You can watch the video here. There is no sign of Bill even getting a telephone number.


There is a lot of talent in the Clinton campaign. I get emails from Thompson and Obama too, but Hillary makes them look like Student Council campaigns. If only skill at getting power were always matched by wisdom in using power.

Of course, it is all designed to make Hillary appear human, and I must say that in unguarded moments even I am almost convinced. And while I was watching the video (as I encourage you to do), I actually felt warmth for President Bill. I don't mean the warmth of humanity that a person should feel for any fellow human being. Everyone should feel that. I mean, I felt (I stress "felt," not thought or wondered) that it might be a great thing to have a good man like this back in the White House, especially when he spoke so seemingly sincerely about the prospect of government being "back in the solutions business" when Hillary is president. But then Reason returned to the throne and, in counsel with Memory, brought me back to reality.

No comments: