Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Politics Is Not Supposed to be This Funny

Since the comedy establishment has been refusing to have fun with Barack Obama (out of reverence? out of fear?), the amateurs have had to step in and fill the void. Their job is made the easier because he is so ridiculous and presents such an easy target: his claims are outlandish, he takes himself far too seriously, and his followers are cultish.

You recall Gerard Baker's "He Ventured Forth to Bring Light to the World."

You have to read "Filling That Experience Gap" from IMAO (In My Arrogant Opinion).


"So now I reveal my awesome pick for running mate," Barack Obama told the assembled crowd. "Joe Biden."

There was silence and some coughing from the audience.

"I will remind you that I am Obama -- the One -- and everything I do is perfect and should not be questioned!"

The crowd cheered enthusiastically for Biden. "You're the best, Obama!" one of the reporters yelled.

"I just want to say that Turok Osama here is very clean and articulate for a black man." Biden patted Obama on the head. "I think he's a great candidate -- not as good as McCain -- but still pretty good."

"Why did you wait until 3 AM to send the announcement text message?" a reporter asked.

"Well, I started working on it at 6 PM," Obama said, "but those text messages are hard. I mean, like each number represents three or four letters... and I forget how you do the punctuation. But, hey eventually I got that message out. And that's the determination I plan to bring to my presidency... to hit buttons until things get done!"

"Isn't Bocka Yo'Mama precious! Just look at those ears!" Biden flicked one of Obama's ears.

"Did you pick Biden to fill your experience gap?" a reported.

"I don't have an experience gap!" Obama answered indignantly.

"Blasphemer!" another member of the press yelled at the reporter.

"But Biden does have more experience at the... uh... stuff with... er... countries that aren't ours..."

"Foreign policy," Biden assisted.

"See, he knows that stuff." ...

Don't stop there. Follow the link, but not at the office because your loud whooping laughter will tip the boss off that you're not working.

Between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, I have been having the time of my life with this campaign. Imagine if the Republicans had nominated Mike Huckabee? No. The body wasn't made to laugh that hard.

No comments: