Saturday, October 4, 2008

Palin Relaunches Herself

For anyone who hangs on my every word and listens to no one else (Hi Mom!), you should know that no one whom I consider wise or a shrewd observer agrees with me on the veep debate. Sure, these are conservatives, but so am I. Conservatives tend to be self-critical, so I take this widespread praise to be well-considered. Palin has apparently relaunched herself into shining stardom. Perhaps she will push ugly economic news off the front page.

Deborah Saunders at The San Francisco Chronicle, "The Palin-Biden Verdict."

Peggy Noonan, "Palin and Populism."

David Brooks, "The Palin Rebound."

Rich Lowry, "The Veep Debate: She's Back!"

Dick Morris and Eileen McGann, "Palin Wins Big With Reagan-Like Flair."

Fred Barnes, "Palin's Comeback."

Even Hillary Clinton gave her praise: "It's amazing. She's been thrust into the national spotlight with very little preparation and I think, all things considered, you saw a very composed and effective debater last night."

Barack Obama thinks Biden won. So there.

No comments: